Friday, April 8, 2011

Ginger Shrimp and Veggie Casserole

Today was one of those blah days... I didn't want to go grocery shopping, didn't have a plan for dinner and I didn't have any leftovers. So I raided the pantry and the fridge. Here is what I've found. 

2 medium zucchinis
1 medium onion
1 orange bell pepper (I could've used any color)
3 cloves of garlic
1 medium potato
ginger root
olive oil
2 tablespoons cream cheese
1/2 handful of grated romano cheese
panko bread crumbs
shrimp (not that many)

I cooked the shrimp halfway in boiling water and then put them in cold water to stop the cooking process, drained and diced, and set aside.
Diced and sautéed all the veggies in olive oil until everything is softened. Then I mixed the veggies, the shrimp and the cream cheese in a baking dish, put the romano cheese and the bread crumbs on top and baked it in a 375 F oven until the top was golden brown.

I served this dish with a side of steam white rice, but it can also be complemented with a hearty soup or a thick slice of home made bread. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment